February Tips & Hints
What awful weather we have had over Christmas, January and February! The last week in February and the temperatures are thankfully rising. A bit of sun too makes all the difference.
1) Make new beds and borders
2) Order plug plants
3) Prune certain kinds of clematis
4) Brush any snow off conifers, large evergreens and hedges to avoid splaying or breaking
5) Renewal prune old shrubs, deciduous hedges and climbers
6) Plant lily-of-the-valley crowns
7) Plant shallots and Jerusalem artichokes
8) Continue planting soft fruit bushes, bare-rooted fruit trees and summer fruiting raspberry canes
9) Sow tuberous begonias, busy lizzies and sweet peas
10) Pot up stored dahlia tubers and lily bulbs
11) Chit potatoes
Happy Gardening !!!