This Months Hints and Tips
Happy New Year Gardeners! There's always something to do in January. Maintenance may not be the most glamorous job in the garden but it has to be done, and in winter - when the garden is a skeleton of its usual self - it's much easier to reach the bits that need attention.
1) Carry out repair jobs
2) Clean, oil and sharpen the metal blades of garden tools; maintain mowers and other machinery
3) Deal with slippery paths; wash paving and grit paths in icy weather
4) Reorganize your storage space - make room for tools, barbecue accessories and gardening gear
5) Keep off the grass or make a temporary path for walking on
6) Prune Wisteria
7) Renewal prune old shrubs, cut back overgrown deciduous hedges, prune out of control climbers, e.g. ivies, Virginia creeper, Boston ivy and climbing hydrangea
8)Prune standard apple and pear trees
9) Wash pots and seed trays
Happy Gardening !!!